Frank Walker and Spencer Bower were the delegates who attended the Assembly that celebrated the Bicentennial of Indiana with special guest Abraham Lincoln who recited the 'Gettysburg Address' and a writer, Jim Madison, who gave highlights of Indiana History in his book "Hoosiers". Manu of the directors dressed in period costumes.
- Indiana had 1,083,605 service hours @ $23.56 per hour which amounts to $25,529,733.80 worth that the Indiana Retired Teachers volunteered in 2015. White County had 833 Youth hours, 4,008 other hours for a total of 4,841 hours volunteered. We had four members with over 500 hours with Honorable Mention Awards: Dave Kelly, Tom Peters, Colleen Shook, and Frank Walker. White County also received Honorable Mention for our web site.
- We will receive a "13th" check in September as before, will push for a COLA, and need to continue to keep the Defined Benefit for future educators.
- Area 3 still has no Director, if you want to be one, volunteer.
- White County lost 8 teachers who went to a higher calling last year: Muriel Arnold, April Church, Janet Eberle, Helen Kendig, Helen Kraack, Janice Schewmaker, John Slover, and Cosette Wolf.
- A member can get a $25 gift for every 5 new members he/she gets to join the State Retired Teachers Association.